[Talk-us] highway=primary, area=yes, leisure=recreation_ground?

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Fri May 10 02:15:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> What gives? Looks like an undesired / undesirable side effect of a
> MassGIS import.
>
> Requires further investigation? Doesn't look like it's rendered, but
> it looks like it has very little ground truth to it either, apart from
> the weird tagging.

If you look at the history, the highway=primary tag was added by theflash
(a user with exactly 2 changesets).  So I would say that that definitely is
an error.

I would say that this entire polygon should be removed since it is really
trying to describe a linear feature, which we model in OSM using (unclosed)
Ways.  There are already such Ways in the database with tags like
highway=cycleway and railway=abandoned here indicating that this is a
former railroad which has been converted to a bicycle path.

Peter