[Talk-us] misuse of the landuse=forest tag for national forests

Torsten Karzig Torsten.Karzig at web.de
Sun May 12 00:02:58 UTC 2013

SteveA,

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

> Please don't confuse "land cover" with the
> political/jurisdictional and geographical definition of "inside the
> boundaries of a national forest."

I would guess that I am not the only one who gets confused by this. In
fact I would even say that there is probably not a unison agreement in
the community to this definition of landuse=forest.  In this sense a
landcover tag would indeed make sense. If one would include this, a
renderer could decide whether to show a "political" or "physical" map.
Right now we are in some kind of confusing superposition.

Torsten