[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Google Maps being "praised" for removing I-5 colasped bridge quickly

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun May 26 11:13:37 UTC 2013

On 26/mag/2013, at 13:03, Paweł Paprota <ppawel at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Well of course when you put "osm" in the search query you will get results from OSM.org... but it kind of defeats the purpose - the point is to promote OSM to people who don't know about it, isn't it?

you only get these results because we are indexed, but you don't get them as prioritary results because they are not remotely as significant as Wikipedia pages - at least that's apparently what google thinks. Maybe part of this also depends on the fact that Google has its own mapping service but doesn't have an encyclopedia.

cheers,
Martin