[Talk-us] OSM Data Quality

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri May 31 19:59:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Frederic Julien <fjulien99 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I'm working on a presentation and interested to hear your thoughts. What
> are the top 2-3 changes that could improve OSM data quality? That could be
> processes, tools, methods, training, peer review, attributes, etc.

First you need to define what good data quality is and second, you need to
collect data to measure data quality. Once good data is collect then start
determining root cause of the problem.

Most of what I see is anecdotal evidence of problems. Fixing the cause of
those problems is good, but it may not get at the underlying issues.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch