[Talk-us] Post tornado HOT mapping

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri May 31 23:36:28 UTC 2013

I would like to give a heads-up to any Humanitarian OSM Team folks on this,
since assistance may be needed as early as this weekend given developing
events with dangerous storms moving through most major Oklahoma cities at
this hour.

This looks like it's going to be another hairy day for Oklahoma, watching
some potentially map-changing events rolling in on radar right now.
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=inx&loop=yes

If anybody from the OKGIS community has the ability to do so, OpenStreetMap
would greatly appreciate Open Database License-compatible (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Bulk_Import_Support_Page)
imagery
after the storms to aid in updating the map if we have another event like
we had in Moore.

For anyone interested in some armchair mapping, we do have updated imagery
for Moore (check the talk-us archives) that Bearing Tree has graciously
provided for our use.