[Talk-us] NC-SC Border survey

Mike N niceman at att.net
Wed Nov 13 12:12:52 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 9:14 PM, Mike N wrote:

> The border between North Carolina and South Carolina has been
> re-surveyed.  A number of businesses and households have suddenly found
> themselves on the 'other side' of the state line.   I don't know if
> they'll modify the border for those cases, or if it will be some sort of
> special government trade arrangement.   Also I'm not clear on when the
> new survey will take effect.

  An update on this: the new border survey results are known, but the
status is still in a proposed state until both legislatures agree on the
new line and the effect on individual parcels, and therefore is not yet
ready for inclusion into OSM.

  As Richard mentioned, the next best source of data will be TIGER 2013,
or those rare counties who have open, OSM compatible open data policies.