[Talk-us] Locations for State of the Map US 2014

Brett Lord-Castillo blordcastillo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:35:26 UTC 2013

We're just getting our feet wet with an organized group here in St Louis.
We do have several venues of just the right size:
Ballrooms at the Amercia's Center complex (on Washington Ave and includes
Edward Jones Dome where Ram's play)
Union Station Hotel
Millennium Hotel next to the Arch
Renaissance Grand on Washington Ave (main nightlife area and several tech
businesses)
Hilton at the Ballpark (adjacent to Busch Stadium)
Those are just the major ones, probably a half dozen more venues in the
downtown area (e.g.
http://explorestlouis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Downtown-Convention-Package-Map-3-14-13.pdf
)
WUSTL is outside the downtown area, but only a metrolink ride away. Their
biggest meeting space only hosts 375 though.
The Busch Student Center at St Louis University can handle up to 1600 too.
It has access to the arts district, but is a bit pricey for external events.

Even with the number of venues, it can still be very difficult to find an
open venue in spring. If people are interested in this idea, I think I can
get some help putting together a proposal but would need others to work on
it.
--Brett Lord-Castillo
St Louis County Emergency Management