[Talk-us] take responsibility, not control.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 20:16:47 UTC 2013

2013/11/18 Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>

> Repair or revert data that is incorrect.  Get help from a
> more-experienced mapper if you haven't done this before.

Thank you Richard for this post. Very true that every single mapper can try
to make contact with other mappers in his surroundings and find a solution
for conflicts or teach them best practise or try to revert themselves
before putting the case on the national ML or asking DWG to revert.

On the other hand, when it comes to copyright infringements, you shouldn't
simply revert the edit but get it redacted, I guess? Otherwise the
infringements would be still contained in the full planet released by the
OSMF.

cheers,
Martin