[Talk-us] [josm-dev] Relation editor support for north/south and east/west similar to forward/backward

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Nov 27 20:56:51 UTC 2013

On 11/27/13 2:46 PM, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> You also have compass-point letters used to distinguish between
> branches of the same route. For example, US 31 runs north/south. A
> portion of it branches off as US 31W, which runs roughly parallel,
> some miles westward of US 31, and eventually merges back into it.
in the Hudson Valley of NY, we have US 9/US 9W, which behave
similarly; 9 is on the east side of the river south of Albany,
and 9W is on the west side.

(on top of that, NYS has a thicket of state routes which are
spurs and loops off of 9/9W, e.g. NY 9A, 9B, ... 9H, 9J...

mapping in NY is fun. wheeeeee!)

richard