[Talk-us] Baltimore County GIS Data is now public domain

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Oct 1 22:05:53 UTC 2013

Whoops, sorry, that was Richard Weait's suggestion to use ODC PDDL
and/or CC-Zero licenses on public data, not Elliott Plack's
suggestion.

My suggestion is to "end run" any need to do even this by simply
applying your state's Public Record laws to what are, in effect,
public records.  Simply request them under the law, then as you have
the legal right to do so, use them as you see fit.  After all, the
data are yours (at least in my state, how about yours?)

SteveA
California