[Talk-us] OSM US election status

Michal Migurski mike at teczno.com
Sat Oct 5 17:51:27 UTC 2013

On Oct 5, 2013, at 7:24 AM, Richard Welty wrote:

> We had planned to start the OSM US election at 10AM ET today, but there
> are some
> minor administrative issues that need to be resolved. Don't worry, we're
> working on it.

Can I just point out that the breadth of candidates this year is a very pleasant surprise?

I'm excited to see Steve Coast there of course, Martijn & Ian who've done so much for the US foundation technical infrastructure, Alyssa Wright from her SotM talk focused on diversity and outreach, Randy Meech who was instrumental in the creation of the Mapquest Open project, and everyone else. It's a legitimately difficult choice trying to pick only five. I hope that we can find an appropriate role for everyone here, whether they are elected to the board proper or not.

-mike.

sf/ca            http://mike.teczno.com/contact.html