[Talk-us] TIGER 2013 Places shapefile for PA?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Oct 7 22:01:05 UTC 2013

On 10/7/13 1:22 PM, Michal Migurski wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2013, at 6:46 AM, Richard Welty wrote:
>
>> On 10/7/13 9:17 AM, Ian Dees wrote:
>>> I don't have 2013, but I do have 2012 place files here:
>>>
>>> https://census-backup.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html
>>>
>>> You might try poking around Mike Migurski's collection too:
>>>
>>> http://forever.codeforamerica.org/Census-API/shutdown-2013.html
>> thanks. it turns out that all the by-state places shapefiles (and from
>> the looks of it, nearly all if not all of the others) are in Mike's collection.
> Glad that worked for you! It's lucky I happened to be working with all those files when the shutdown arrived, otherwise I would have thrown them all out.

i could have waited for the shutdown to end for the task, it's just cleaning
up the last bit of mess in the PA/NJ/NY borders at Port Jervis, but it would
have bugged me until i could fix it.

i have observed borders that need to be cleaned up/fixed in CT, NJ and PA.
between borders and county route relations, i have way too much to do in
NY at present, so instead i'll offer to work with anyone local to CT, NJ and
PA who wants to fix up borders in those places by providing advice and
discussing potential workflow for going at the issues systematically.

richard