[Talk-us] TIGER 2013 Places shapefile for PA?

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Oct 8 03:43:47 UTC 2013

This reminds me of how patchy old USA looks when viewed with
itoworld's admin_level render
http://www.itoworld.com/map/2?lon=-95&lat=37&zoom=5&fullscreen=true
especially at county level (admin_level=6 orange).  Some states are
snap-sharp beautiful (Michigan, Dakotas, Carolinas, New Mexico), some
are pretty sloppy (large parts of the West:  no offense, I'm simply
identifying some hills to climb).

If there is a "can o' whoop" state by state available (whether
freshly offered by our federal workers or a not-stale archive),
perhaps effort to tease the good ones in (untangling with what is
already) can be part of a next Edit-A-Thon.

Yes, by can o' whoop I mean the pop-it-open special blend of skill,
careful steps, wider discussion, vetting, organization and
roll-up-our-sleeves that I KNOW we can do, but hey, isn't that what
we're doing here?!

Just throwing out what I think might be a well-identified idea.
Discussing and paying attention to counties-at-a-time can shake a
little order into things where now it seems a bit lumpy and chaotic.

SteveA
California
(yes, we have some work to do here!)