[Talk-us] TIGER 2013 Places shapefile for PA?

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Oct 8 05:53:19 UTC 2013

Toby, thank you very much for that clarification.  I see the ito
admin map does not respect relations at the city level but couldn't
really prove it and/or got befuddled at the county level.  Seeing the
itoworld rendering at the California/Arizona/Mexico border really
stymied me until I understood this.

Now, is there a method (as neat and easy as using itoworld) that
renders both ways and relations?  I mean for admin_levels,
especially, as they are a handy visual for breaking up this large-ish
"talk-us" of ours into between 3000 and 4000 counties, and along with
50 states, those are decent chunks to consider when slicing up these
great states and nation of ours.  We've got lots of mapping to
wrangle here!

Tod, please consider this by a roundabout way of answering your
private missive.

Trying to carve elephants into pieces which approach bite-sized (a
terrible metaphor, really, but there it is),

SteveA
California