[Talk-us] Question about incorrect data for an administrative area

Jay Boyer boyer at SNHDMAIL.ORG
Thu Oct 10 20:34:26 UTC 2013

penStreetMap has an administrative area with the name of "Enterprise" in the southwestern corner of Las Vegas, Nevada.
All of the addresses in this Area are actually "Las Vegas" addresses.

So if I look in OpenStreetMap for:
Summers Ranch Ct., Las Vegas, NV 89139

I will not find it.  But if I search for:
Summers Ranch Ct., Enterprise, NV 89139

It will find this.

Enterprise is an unincorporated town.  But Enterprise is actually part of Las Vegas and all of the addresses within Enterprise are "Las Vegas" addresses.

Enterprise is this area:  http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/170132

The same class of error exists with an area of Las Vegas named Paradise:  http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/170053

How can edit these admin areas so that addresses within will be resolved with a city name of "Las Vegas"?  Or should the Enterprise and Paradise areas be merged into the Las Vegas area?

What would be the proper way to correct this data?

Jay