[Talk-us] Complex intersection mapping

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 21:02:04 UTC 2013

2013/10/14 Martijn van Exel <martijnv at telenav.com>

> So what are we talking about? Intersections like this one, where one
> or more dual carriageways come together at an at-grade intersection:
>

> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/6438c196-bb92-4f66-81dc-9b75186286ba/0e8f07ff527c6a85c0dec426b9b79f1e

I think it is not only ugly and confusing but also pointless. If you insist
on distinguishing between physically separated / not separated carriageways
in the area of a crossing, it would be more straightforward (and a little
bit less confusing) to map this as in the attached screenshot.

> One of my colleagues at Telenav has remapped this intersection as follows:
>

> https://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/3491f1fe-6afa-4571-bc43-7cb31c9c2625/9dd47d1445fdcf03d3f0bbd93b8e0f92

this is how we usually do in around here (Europe).

cheers,
Martin