[Talk-us] Freeway directions

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Oct 17 16:45:36 UTC 2013

I actually think this is more elegant, to create separate relations
for the directions, but I don't know how common it is.
Looking at http://maproulette.org/relationpages/interstates.html
(which I see does no longer get automatically updated..need to look
into that) I see a mix of both combined and split relations.

If we were to split by direction, how would we handle a beltway cases
like http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1694951 ? This one
changes direction from E/W to N/S about four times. I would actually
not mind having a relation for each cardinal direction stretch and a
super-relation for the two overall directions, and one super on top of
that for the entire freeway.

How do people like the idea of splitting the route relations by
direction like that?

--
Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/