[Talk-us] Fall Editathon Seattle Edition

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Oct 20 00:09:11 UTC 2013

We had a great first day of map hacking in Seattle. I'd like to especially
thank Martijn van Exel for creating maproulette.org/battlegrid. Our group
is attacking the misaligned roads in Washington State using Battlegrid. For
those that haven't used battlegrid, it is a visual tool to find difference
between OSM roads and current Tiger data. We are finding that the Tiger
data is better than OSM, especially in rural/outstate locations. But Tiger
data isn't perfect either. Hopefully down the road, the US Census Bureau
can use our data to improve their data.

I would also like to thank Tableau Software for hosting this weekend.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch