[Talk-us] Fall Editathon Seattle Edition

Lars Ahlzen lars at ahlzen.com
Tue Oct 22 21:07:11 UTC 2013

We had no less than two successful Editathon events here in the greater
Boston area: One by Mike Foster at MIT (Cambridge), and the other one at
Telenav's offices.

With the recent MA building imports, missing roads at new residental
developments now stand out very visibly on the map, and - with
up-to-date Bing imagery and Tiger2012 - mapping those turned out to be a
good task for participants.

By the way, I've helped hosting a few mapping parties/editathons in the
past, and one of the things I noticed this time was how much easier iD
is for beginners to pick up than Potlatch. Kudos to the iD team for
making a great editor!!

Also, Mele, thanks for posting those great resources! We're hoping to
start having more regular OSM meetups around here and that will
definitely come in handy then.

- Lars

--
Lars Ahlzen