[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map update - 2013-08-22

F Hillhouse Jr f.hillhouse.jr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 15:14:24 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

That was my conclusion as well. Figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Does it get placed in the same directory as the IMG file on the SD card?

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Fred Hillhouse

________________________________

From: Martin Koppenhoefer [mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com]

2013/9/4 F Hillhouse Jr <f.hillhouse.jr at gmail.com>

	I selected the Mapnik TYP file. Is this file necessary?

this is a file that specifies how the things are displayed, if you don't use
it you will get the standard garmin rendering, but as the available line
types and icons are limited, this could in some cases lead to confusion (if
object or line types were "abused" in order to display different information
garmin hadn't in mind, it will be misleading). I'd suggest to  use the TYP
files.

	cheers,
	Martin