[Talk-us] GNIS tag removal proposal

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 08:39:13 UTC 2013

Paul,

Agreed- and most of why I put this away was that I felt the discussion
had gone off the rails, with people loudly objecting to things which
had never been proposed.

The other suggestions were:

* Rename identifier tags which have the incorrect tag (feature_id
which are not feature_id).

* Reclassify objects which are currently gnis but should be other
datasets (non-gnis).

These two suggestions cannot be done "organically" without a concerted
effort, so we may want to create a separate proposal just to handle
them, separate from this proposal.

- Serge