[Talk-us] SPUI mapping

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sat Sep 14 14:52:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Here in Utah, we have a DOT that is really into SPUIs (Single Point
Urban Interchanges). They are supposed to increase traffic flow in
high volume freeway to surface interchanges.

Here's an example:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?#map=19/33.62963/-111.89021 (not in
Utah)

This is one I (re)mapped yesterday. I try to stay close to the
situation on the ground, the result being a lot of turn restrictions.
I have also seen situations where all the ramps and connectors come
together at the center, easier to map I guess.

I am looking for opinions on how to map these complex interchanges.
Could a few of you have a look at what I did and comment? Thanks.

--
Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/