[Talk-us] [Imports] Introducing OSMLY

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 15:14:25 UTC 2013

Hi Aaron, Serge

In Aaron defense, before this thread, it would not have have occurred
to me to use Maproulette for an import.

We seem to have two flavors of community imports right now. The first
style, (Seattle, DC and NY city), has the QA, conflation, and
uploading done directly by mappers. It looks like your tool is
designed to support this style. The second style, has the community
doing just the QA on "finished" OSM files, with the prep, conflation
and uploading being automated. Do you anticipate that OSMLY would be
useful for both kinds of imports?

When you are ready, propose your import. I look forward to seeing how
it works for real.

Thanks
Jason.