[Talk-us] Last call spring #editathon

Martijn van Exel martijn at openstreetmap.us
Tue Apr 22 22:29:21 UTC 2014

Me too. I will be hosting in an area with lots of new construction,
businesses etc. Should be fun for mappers to explore, and use mobile tools
to edit perhaps. (I love Pushpin!!)

I decided to go with the Maptime moniker for the local OSM / geo group.
Just focusing on OSM we just haven't been able to grow the group as much as
we wanted to. Here's the new web site: http://maptimeslc.org/ Perhaps
something to consider for smaller cities?

Also I started a new and hopefully easier way to put your local
OpenStreetMap group on a map. The old way requires you to add a template to
the wiki, and that ends up being too big a hurdle.  So now, to get your
local OSM group on this map right here:
https://github.com/osmlab/localgroups/blob/master/osmgroups.geojson - all
you need to do is go to https://github.com/osmlab/localgroups and follow
the simple instructions.