[Talk-us] Where are my local mappers at?

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sun Apr 27 19:41:26 UTC 2014

What would you want to search for? You can search the spreadsheet for
usernames, sort / filter it in pretty much any way you want. The
visualization is mostly eye candy, but it can offer some insights into who
the 'sustaining' mappers in a community are, and perhaps also unveil import
accounts.

Do you want me to export one for your metro or state, Paul?

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> Interesting concept, but pretty much unusable without being able to search
> it.
>

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
>
>> Inspired by Dennis's talk at SOTM US and ensuing discussions I decided to
>> dust off some old code that tells you what your local mapping community
>> looks like. Here's what LA County looks like:
>>
>> http://mvexel.github.io/bravemappers/#
>>
>> Here's the source data:
>>

>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aJYRnYrEyZxaKvPYcBAl6xNwcb4eIJyhNvFjDmS8XWw/edit#gid=876327018
>>
>> More background in a diary entry:
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/21720
>>
>> Let me know if this is fun / useful and if you have suggestions for
>> improvement.
>> --
>> Martijn van Exel
>> http://oegeo.wordpress.com/