[Talk-us] Changing the comment on a changeset after it posts

L. David Baron dbaron at dbaron.org
Wed Aug 20 02:12:43 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 2014-08-19 21:22 -0400, Elliott Plack wrote:
> Is there a way to change a changeset comment after it posts. I'm amidst a
> large import and a few of the uploads have the wrong note. This is due to
> the auto-fill function of the comment in JOSM acting up (expletive!).
> Luckily they still convey basically the correct thing--that this is an
> import of Baltimore County data. I am hoping that I could just upload a
> changset to change a changset :)

In the past I've been able to change a changeset comment using
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RawEditor .  This only works if
the changeset is still open, so I think it depends on whether
whatever created the changeset closed it, or left it to autoclose
after an hour of no activity.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,