[Talk-us] Abandoned railway

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sat Aug 30 11:28:31 UTC 2014

On 8/30/2014 4:33 AM, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Seriously, OSM in the US, outside a few cities, is still way beyond broken.
> You can open it at any random location and the map is just fictional. (I
> did, just now:http://www.osm.org/edit#map=13/36.1938/-103.6446  .

  Landing on the high plains desert in the west does not make a good
case that OSM in the US is broken.  Desert imagery cues do not match
those of conventional climates.   Those roads likely do exist, but are
barely visible in contrast to the surroundings.  We city-folk would
classify them as tracks, but a desert prospector or park ranger would
consider them secondary.