[Talk-us] Palmer Motorsports Park...

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Mon Dec 1 07:58:32 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-30 18:55, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Eeeh, that's not as far out as, say, Hallett
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/36.22111/-96.59435>.  Though you
> might want to fix all those "SH" and "SR" refs, can't even tell what
> state that's supposed to be in without asking Nominatim.

That's because the OSM doesn't have a "breadcrumb" up top like some
other map providers (Bing comes to mind). So here's a request to add it
to OSM, hopefully without bringing Nominatim to its knees:

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/848

(And sorry for the confused state of the original writeup, Paul.)

Even if all the U.S. used state abbreviations on state routes, that
leaves all the map views without state routes: if I zoom in on a city's
central business district or wander out to the middle of a national
forest, I wouldn't be able to rely on highway shields. That's where a
breadcrumb would help.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us