[Talk-us] State highway refs (was Re: New I.D Feature)

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Dec 5 04:23:11 UTC 2014

Sounds like an analogous situation to the difference between State Highways
and State Routes in Oregon.  The shields always have the state route, the
blade markers at bridges and some milemarkers list both the route and the
highway.  Not all state highways are members of state routes (since roads
in state parks, notably, are state highways, as are most ocean beaches as
they're open to vehicles).  This kind of lends some strong credence to my
opinion that it's time to bury the dinosaur of having route refs on ways,
that way the way ref can actually *be* the *actual* reference of the way...