[Talk-us] Tagging addresses on area's

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Mon Dec 8 16:29:15 UTC 2014

I don't think the issue would be routing so much as finding the location. I just checked OsmAnd to see if it could find a near by apartment complex where the grounds are tagged with, among other tags addr:housenumber=*, addr:street=*, landuse=residential and name=*. The buildings on it are simply tagged with building=yes and source=bing.

OsmAnd was able to find the location by address but, interestingly, not by name. Looks like the online routing sites I use like http://map.project-osrm.org and http://www.yournavigation.org/index.php can find the location by name and address.

-Tod