[Talk-us] Tagging outdoor US shopping centers

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Wed Dec 24 03:17:40 UTC 2014

I am more likely to use your option 1: Each shopping center a separate landuse=retail, name=* covering the entire area including parking but not the land associated with the roadway right of way. As an example there are two named shopping centers at this intersection: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/37.36843/-122.03593

I would really avoid using locality=* as I associate using that for a populated place.

I think that relations could work in theory but it seems that they are poorly supported/understood by the average editor/mapper and the complexity is not needed to capture the information.

Not sure what your item 2 was going to be. :)

Cheers
Tod