[Talk-us] Rail westerly

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Mon Dec 29 20:36:23 UTC 2014

Steve,

         Yes, any explanation of the difference between "main" and
"branch" lines and "owner" is appreciated. I find myself rather
confused at the moment.
         For instance, why does the BNSF line across Arizona and into
New Mexico change to "Gallup Subdivision" at one point to the west of
the city of Gallup? It seems to be still the BNSF main line. Further,
other "subdivisions," such as the Springerville (Ariz.) Subdivision,
clearly seem to be branches. So, when is a line a subdivision?
         If I get a handle on this and other distinctions, I can make
corrections (or explanations) ... I think.

Best wishes,

Charlotte

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A