[Talk-us] Aerial Imagery for Chittenden County, VT

Andrew Guertin andrew.guertin at uvm.edu
Thu Feb 13 04:15:03 UTC 2014

The Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission
(http://www.ccrpcvt.org) recently acquired 15cm per pixel orthophotos
for all of Chittenden County, Vermont, and has made them available
online[1]. They seem very high quality, in both alignment and visibility
of detail. They are also more recent--spring 2013--than anything else I
know of.

I have received confirmation from them that they consider these images
public domain, so I've started processing them and making them available
as tiles for easy use in JOSM (or any other editor). I have all of
Burlington processed so far. It can be used with the TMS url
tms[20]:http://www.uvm.edu/~aguertin/ccrpc/{zoom}/{x}/{-y}.png . I'm
working on the rest of the county now, and I'll put it in the same place
when it's available. I expect it to take a week or two of cpu time.

--Andrew

[1] I've withheld the URL as they haven't publicized it and I don't want
to be the cause of their server being hammered, but if you have some use
for the original data, let me know.