[Talk-us] importing zip codes

osm at charles.derkarl.org osm at charles.derkarl.org
Mon Feb 17 19:11:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a shape file from census.gov which contains the boundaries for all zip
codes in the US. This data should not need licensing in that it comes from the
us federal census.

I would also like the community to answer this technical question: Each
boundary obviously shares a border with another zip code. Should those shared
boundaries have the same way, and then each zip code becomes a relation?

Failing any negative replies, I will cook up an implementation and provide
some .osm files for review before importing.

Charles
Boulder Creek, CA, USA