[Talk-us] OSM Data Consumer

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Mon Feb 24 04:03:59 UTC 2014

>It's always a shock to find anyone using OSM maps and I'm staring at
>some data I've worked on.   A regional gas station chain uses OSM in
>its location maps:
>
>http://www.quiktrip.com/
>
>   (An example ZIP would be 29301 in Location if the map doesn't come up)

I got a sales postcard from a local real estate agent with a few
square kilometers of my neighborhood and current home price listings.
She used mapnik, and I must say, it was as pretty as a picture.  I
smiled (at my handiwork, and that of many others) and recycled the
postcard.

Yup:  it's neat / cool when that happens.  I'm not shocked anymore,
but anybody could be.  It's rather pleasant, actually:  gives you
that "warm, volunteer" feeling.

SteveA
California