[Talk-us] Feature Proposal - RFC - Marijuana

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 02:00:08 UTC 2014

2014/1/3 Russell Deffner <russdeffner at gmail.com>

> Maybe more so if you are in Colorado, as sales of Marijuana to adults (for
> recreation/any use) began the morning of the first.  Therefor I propose the
> usage of shop=marijuana for this new business, have created a wiki-page for
> the proposal -
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Marijuana, and will
> leave it open for a commenting period of no shorter than two weeks.

the proposal is quite specific, you write: "a shop that is a State or other
licensed facility allowed to sell marijuana for recreation use."
not sure if those two requirements (license and recreation use) are
fundamental. What about a shop that sells marijuana in an area where no
license is required, or a shop that sells it for religious use? Maybe you
could go without them (e.g. "a shop selling primarily marijuana") or choose
your alternative wording (any use instead of recreation).

cheers,
Martin