[Talk-us] Oklahoma relations spreadsheet

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Tue Jan 14 11:59:10 UTC 2014

On 08:34 2014-01-13, Peter Davies wrote:
> Thanks, Mihh.
>
> Actually I'm interested in any road on which significant traffic
> incidents and slowdowns occur, including county roads and major named
> urban streets (OSM primary, secondary, and maybe tertiary).  I've not
> heard of anyone planning to go down to those levels with route
> relations, but we might (one day) be able to generate them automatically
> in our proposed location database importer, if folks would be
> interested.  If it happened, this would return (export) the assembled
> "bot" relations data to the OSM community.

One extreme example would be Logan County, Ohio. [1] Outside the county
seat, Bellefontaine, virtually every road has a route shield, so I've
been adding them all to route relations. So far, I've completed the
western half of the county.

I'm primarily motivated by supporting the "shield renderer" that'll
hopefully go up on osm.org someday. So any county or township that
doesn't signpost its routes is not a particularly high priority for me.

Route relations certainly aren't going to supplant tags on ways for
every use case. You'll still have to look at the individual ways to be
sure about the road name.

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/184059

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us