[Talk-us] Quick intro and request to contribute

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Jan 14 22:37:08 UTC 2014

Looking at that PDF, it is not obvious to me how to script the data for mass input. Probably would take less time to print out a copy of the PDF and sit down with JOSM checking off each description as you enter it by hand. Maybe it is my deficient scripting skills, but things like this don't look easy to automatically parse:

"The speed limit shall be twenty-five miles per hour on Pacific Avenue (County Road No. 4241) between 24th Street (County Road No. 4241) northerly to Ocean Boulevard (County Road No. 4256) (Ord. 1225 § 10, 1972: Ord. 831 § 1 (part) 1965: prior code § 10-006.4(15))."

But sitting down with JOSM it would be reasonable for a human to enter the data as long as the underlying roads were already in JOSM. Only 12 entries for 25 MPH, 17 for 30 MPH, 36 for 35 MPH, 18 for 40 MPH, 21 for 45 MPH and 7 for 50 MPH. I can't believe that there are only 90 named streets in SLO county, so I'm guessing it is not listing the ones in incorporated cities nor ones for which the default state speed limit (residential area, etc.) is assumed.

-Tod