[Talk-us] South Valley Hwy/I-25

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jan 16 20:25:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

   I have recevied a message about a potential problem with the naming
of I-25 in the Denver, CO area. The message goes:

> Someone got super confused when doing the map in Colorado/Denver
> Area. We do not have an interstate called the South Valley Hwy. They
> confused a different super tiny street with Interstate 25. Please
> someone change it to reflect that I-25 is NOT South Valley Hwy.

I don't want to make such a change myself because it looks like the I-25
has been imported from TIGER where it was called South Valley Hwy
already, plus Wikipedia also says that "The cities of Denver [...] were
first to begin building multi-lane highway segments along the route of
what would  eventually become Interstate 25. [...] Denver's segment was
originally known as the Valley Highway [...]". And the only other South
Valley Highway I can find, http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/10386713,
looks like it might in fact be Inverness Way. (DavidJDBA, are you
reading this?)

Definitely something for the locals to brood about ;)

Bye
Frederik