[Talk-us] Help needed with polygon/membership of admin area in Willits, CA

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 17:36:54 UTC 2014

I'm doing a bit of mapping in Willits, CA - and a quick search of
Willits, CA in OSM returns this lonely polygon in the middle of, pretty
much, nowhere:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/39.38187/-123.30127

According to JOSM, it is a member of a larger membership - but I'm not
sure how to use JOSM to find the other group members on the map - to try
and guess what's going on. I'm assuming this particular element is some
sort of mistake - but if anybody can take a look and clear things up a
bit - it would help. I know GNIS imports contain some bad data - but
maybe someone could guess what it was all supposed to look like - or why
is this polygon where it is.

Thanks