[Talk-us] Help needed with polygon/membership of admin area in Willits, CA

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sun Jan 26 18:54:50 UTC 2014

On 1/26/14 1:46 PM, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

> Thanks all. Is it possibly to make it so that a search in OSM for
> Willits, CA brings up the whole relationship - as opposed to several
> separate elements, which when clicked send you to some spot in the
> middle of nowhere? If all of them are part of the same relationship -
> shouldn't the relationship be named "Willits" - and shouldn't it be
> the only one coming up in the search? I'm asking because I'm not sure
> how these things work.

the relation is named Willits, which is as it should be, so this is
properly a tools issue rather than a data issue.

Nominatim came up with two answers for Willits. one was the
individual polygon, and one captured the entire area surrounding
the City. not sure why that is.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux