[Talk-us] Help needed with polygon/membership of admin area in Willits, CA

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sun Jan 26 19:13:19 UTC 2014

On 1/26/14 2:07 PM, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
> On 26/01/14 18:54, Richard Welty wrote:
>> the relation is named Willits, which is as it should be, so this is
>> properly a tools issue rather than a data issue.
>>
>> Nominatim came up with two answers for Willits. one was the
>> individual polygon, and one captured the entire area surrounding
>> the City. not sure why that is.
>
> Could it be because the polygon has place_name=Willits as an
> attribute? In that case, would it be safe to delete this attribute, as
> it is the name of the relationship that's important?

maybe, but the same thing is true of admin boundary relations
all over the US.

i will delete the tags from the individual ways (as they're unnecessary
if the boundary relation is properly tagged) and we'll see if it cleans
up. Nominatim updates very quickly so we'll know shortly.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search