[Talk-us] routing tags used by actual routing applications

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:55:25 UTC 2014

> Just trying to process this: wouldn't a tracktype 1 be tagged as
> unclassified or residential anyway?  Or to ask a different way, assuming
> that roads with houses should be tagged as residential, when should one tag
> a sub-tertiary road as track vs. using unclassified?

You'd always tag it as unclassified, unless it is not a connection road and
is used only for agricultural / forestry purposes. If it is not a
connection road but used to access a certain building / facility, use
service.

E.g. this is clearly a track: http://binged.it/1odgrTZ
or this: http://binged.it/1j0zEud

in case of doubt I'd put unclassified ;-)

cheers,
Martin