[Talk-us] Mapping event in Baltimore

Patrick Maynard patrickmaynard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 23:28:04 UTC 2014

A half dozen people have expressed interest to me in a mapping party here
in Baltimore. Here are some details:

---- We meet at 11 a.m. at the Patterson Park Pakoda. Rain date TBA (so *please
let me know* if you want to be individually placed on the contacts list).

---- Since I'm hoping for a lot of newbies, many of us will most likely be
using the simple web-based software that osm provides, rather than
dedicated clients.

---- Laptops (and especially sharable data plans!) are welcome, but if you
bring technology, we'll have you sign a waiver acknowledging that you are,
indeed, in the middle of a large city, and that you understand the idea of
risk. Paper and later transcription are always among the options.

These are also visible at the Baltimore wiki page.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Baltimore,_Maryland#Events

Pre-emptive apologies if this list is the wrong place for this message. If
it is, please correct me with a better venue, and I shall avoid the sin in
the future.

Hoping to hear from interested people.

Best,

Patrick