[Talk-us] USGS Orthoimagery

Saikrishna Arcot saiarcot895 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 22:34:03 UTC 2014

In this case, should the caching server, the direct (WMS) server, or both be recommended?

--
Saikrishna Arcot
On Monday, July 07, 2014 01:54:48 PM Ian Dees wrote:

Note that the OSM US server tiles and caches the USGS NAIP and High Res Orthos and more information can be found here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Servers/Imagery[1]

...but the upstream USGS server that used to host this imagery seems to be broken (it's throwing 500's). I'm working on finding someone to talk to about that, but until then we'll have to find something else.