[Talk-us] Mapping Space Ports

Scott Rollins organist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:37:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to spare some time it would be nice to start documenting this
> in the wiki (proposal et al). Btw., I'd prefer your suggestion "launch_pad"
> (1x) and not the scarsely used "launchpad" (7x), as the latter is a brand
> and the former is the correct spelling for the rocket take off thingy.

​I think we hit a "divided by a common language" situation here. From the
dictionaries I found, "launchpad" appears to be perfectly acceptable (and,
it appeared to me, the preferred spelling) in American English.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/american/launchpad?showCookiePolicy=true

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/launchpad

Scott​

--