[Talk-us] exit_to vs destination

Mike N niceman at att.net
Mon Jun 23 23:12:35 UTC 2014

On 6/23/2014 6:58 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> While motorway_junction= + exit_to= is much more common here in the US
> than destination= for freeway exit tagging, we seem to be the
> exception globally.

   I have no objection to changing to a system that is more informative
and adaptable.  exit_to gained popularity in the US because it was the
first tagging scheme available at the time the Interstates were being
identified.

    Most of this could be automatically converted to 'destination=',
except that there is a growing dislike of any botlike edits.