[Talk-us] FW: Report of Explosion, Building Collapse in Manhattan

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Wed Mar 12 15:15:28 UTC 2014

Thank you Ian,

And my apologies to everyone for my quick reaction to the news, it is a long
developed emotional numbness of an emergency/disaster services professional.

On behalf of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, I want to let everyone
know that our resources are available to all in need of assistance in
disaster or economic development aid.  It is our collective stance to defer
to local mappers, communities, and partners to reach out to us; as a member
of both HOT and OSM-US I pulled the initial alarm, mostly directed to the US
community, then remembered the new NY mailing list.  My heart is with
everyone affected by disaster or economic strife.

Anyway, at any point just send an email to hot at openstreetmap.org if you need
help.

Sincerely,

=Russ