[Talk-us] Why we really don't get new users

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Mar 19 19:04:11 UTC 2014

On Mar 17, 2014 9:02 PM, "Shawn K. Quinn" <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:

> a. The pot shops need to be standardized, one way or another. I can see
> different tagging for recreational versus medical but either way, I'd
> like to see us standardize on something for each and be done with it.

I definitely agree.  My general bounding box of focus these days is bound
to the north by Gunnison, Colorado; west by Lake City, Colorado; and
southeast by Little Rock.  This puts already legal Colorado, soon to be
legal Missouri, and soon to be no longer enforcing prohibition Tulsa
County, Oklahoma in my home range.  And even where it's not legal, how do
you handle shops that specializes in selling supplies, ostensibly calling
them "tobacco supplies", but everyone knows it's a head shop?

> > 4. The wiki is a terrible platform for documenting the ontology because
> > it's not machine readable and it's just a slow way to get information.
>
> What do you propose we replace it with?

I think the complaint is valid, but standardizing the layout a bit more
(think like man pages or the DOS 3.33 manuals) may help in making something
that's still human friendly while making machine parsing easier.