[Talk-us] building=house vs building=detached

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 01:06:03 UTC 2014

Interesting. I think this might be one of those UK centric ones. According
to the wiki, you're correct. However here in the USA, I think many people,
especially new ones, would draw their house on OSM, and then tag it with
house on iD. Here a house is the place where a person or family resides.
Sometimes they're attached, other times they're detached.

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Saikrishna Arcot <saiarcot895 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What the difference between building=house and building=detached? My
> understanding is that a house that has two addresses (and two familes)
> would be considered as building=house, whereas if there is only one address
> and one family, then it is building=detached.
>
> --
> Saikrishna Arcot

Elliott Plack
http://about.me/elliottp